ILTA’s purpose is to promote the improvement of language testing throughout the world.
The goals of ILTA include the following:
- Stimulate professional growth through workshops and conferences;
- Promote the publication and dissemination of information related to the field of language testing;
- Develop and provide for leadership in the field of language testing;
- Provide professional services to its members;
- Increase public understanding and support of language testing as a profession;
- Build professional pride among its membership;
- Recognize outstanding achievement among its membership;
- Cooperate with other groups interested in language testing;
- Cooperate with other groups interested in applied linguistics or measurement.